Faculty: 111 full-time faculty
Class size: 70% have fewer than 30 students.
Student/faculty ratio: 17:1
Where we're from: 68% Michigan residents. 15% Ontario residents, 17% out-of-state.
Study abroad: Available anywhere in the world.
Student organizations: More than 60, including a free-format student-run radio station (WLSO 90.1 FM).
Residence halls: Living options include traditional residence halls, suites, furnished apartments, two-story
furnished townhouses, and historic houses. High-Speed Internet is provided in each unit.
Academic calendar: Semester system; fall and spring. Summer session; May, June and July.
Financial aid: More than 83% of LSSU students receive assistance.
Placement: 86% of graduates have obtained a job or have been accepted to graduate school within 180 days. 100% placement for engineering and nursing majors.
Welcome Future Laker Parents!
LSSU is accredited by:
- The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413. Phone: 312-263-0456; 800-621-7440. Fax: 312-263-7462. www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org
- The Athletic Training Education Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), 2201 Double Creek Drive, Suite 5006, Round Rock, TX 78864. Phone: 512-733-9700. Fax: 512-733-9701. www.caate.net
- The Bachelor of Science in Chemistry is approved by The American Chemical Society Committee on Professional Training, 1155 Sixteenth Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20036. Phone: 202-872-4589. Fax: 202-872-6066. Email: email@example.com. www.acs.org/cpt
- The Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health is accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC), 8620 Roosevelt Way NE Suite A, Seattle, WA 98115. Phone: 206-522-5272. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. www.ehacoffice.org
- The Bachelor of Science in Fire Science is approved by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress, 1700 West Tyler, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078. Phone: 405-744-8303. www.ifsac.org
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing is approved by the Michigan Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Evaluation in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30326. Phone: 404-975-5000. Fax: 404-975-5020. www.acenursing.org
- The bachelor's program in Manufacturing Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012. Phone: 410-347-7700. www.abet.org
- The computer, electrical and mechanical engineering bachelor's programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012. Phone: 410-347-7700. www.abet.org
- The Elementary and Secondary Education Programs are approved by the Michigan Department of Education, 608 W Allegan Street, PO Box 30008, Lansing, MI 48909. Phone: 517-373-3324. www.michigan.gov/mde