Welcome Future Laker Parents!
What happens after graduation?
Through small class sizes, class projects, senior projects, internships, student activities and field-work, you will learn both theory and application, which allows you to build a powerful resume at the same time. Through these experiences, our graduates often report that they are well prepared for their profession, whether it is graduate school or the workplace.
"Within six months of commencement, 86 percent of our graduates are either working full-time or attending graduate school. Some of our departments, such as Engineering and Nursing, report 100 percent placement rates."
Some graduate schools our alumni have attended:
- Central Michigan University
- Cooly Law School
- Detroit School of Law
- Eastern Michigan University
- George Washington University
- Indiana University
- John Hopkins University
- Michigan State University
- Northern Arizona University
- Northern Michigan University
- Purdue University
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Western Ontario
- Wayne State University
- Western Michigan University
Some examples of Lakers in the workplace:
A partial list of employers who recruit and hire LSSU graduates:
- Paul McDonald ’91, Vice President of Finance for the Detroit Red Wings
- Scott Hollabaugh ’01, Special Agent for the Internal Revenue Service
- Tracy West ’86, Boston Fleet Classic Tournament Director, an official event of the Senior PGA Tour
- Marc Dragan ’02, Head Counselor, Great Lakes Recovery
- Terrence J. Thompson ’80, Assistant DA, Dade County Florida
- Heidi Tenbrinke ’02, Elementary Teacher, Algoma District School
- Mitch Irwin ’74, Director of Operations, Management and Budget for the State of Michigan
- Heather Jordan ’01, Americorp Worker, Chippewa FIA
- Patricia Caruso ’75, Director of Corrections for the State of Michigan
- Katherine Wing ’03, Children’s Services Librarian, Shiawasee District Library
- Dr. Steve Mulholland ’83, Oncologist and Reconstructive Surgeon in Toronto
- Steven Krenek ’00, Software Designer, Infea Tech. LLC
- Renee Jent ‘95, President, Legal Assistant Association of Michigan
- Shawn Flint ’03, Vehicle Test/Development Engineer, Continental Teves, Inc.
- Adrienne Beckham ’01, RegisteredNurse Supervisor, Chippewa Correctional Facility
- Beth Nowicki ’01, Elementary Teacher, Kerby Elementary