University Center a
Lake Superior State University is known for strong and distinctive academic programs taught by faculty who take an interest in student success. Our students are afforded many opportunities to actively engage with faculty members on research projects and experiential learning. LSSU is Michigan’s smallest public university and the only institution (public or private) to offer these unique programs in Northern Lower Michigan.
LSSU Regional Center Mission Statement
LSSU's Regional Centers are committed to excellence in serving the educational needs of the local communities by providing opportunities for intellectual, personal, and professional growth to area residents.
Degrees are available in the following areas:
- BS Business Administration - Management (Kirtland Community College) (pdf)
- BS Business Administration - Management (Alpena Community College) (pdf)
- BS Business Administration - Management (North Central Michigan College) (pdf)
- BS Criminal Justice - Generalist (Kirtland Community College) (pdf)
- BS Criminal Justice - Generalist (Alpena Commnuity College) (pdf)
- BS Criminal Justice - Generalist (North Central Michigan College) (pdf)
- BS Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement (Kirtland Community College) (pdf)
- BS Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement (Alpena Commnuity College) (pdf)
- BS Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement (pdf)
- Consortium Agreement
- Graduation Audit Form
- Application for Admission
- Transcript Request Form
Where do I start?
Please contact Joe Balinski, Site Director for the Gaylord Regional Center. He can be reached at:
Gaylord Regional Site Director
Lake Superior State University
80 Livingston Blvd.
Gaylord, MI 49735
What you can expect from us:
- Personal Attention
The director of our regional center is available to assist you with your educational goals. Course selection, counseling and registration are all services available as you seek your degree from Lake Superior State University. Our regional center office is staffed full time and includes evening hours so that those who work have an opportunity to seek advice without missing work and other commitments.
- Small Classes
The regional site offers small classes and personal attention from your professors. Your professors will know you by name … you’re not just another number to us!
- Knowledgeable Faculty
LSSU faculty take great pride in teaching and present a personal approach to education. They are experts in their fields who share a commitment to developing students as good citizens and professionals. They believe in a student centered environment which is personal, natural and superior.
- Student Friendly!
Students are important to us. You will be greeted with a smile and your questions will be answered. We make it easy for you to earn your degree from a Lake Superior State University regional center.
- Consortium Financial Aid Information Form (pdf)
- Textbooks are available from the bookstore (Barnes & Noble at Lake Superior State University).
Call 1-877-557-SHOP or order online at http://www.lssu.bkstore.com.
- Please see the LSSU library page for information on off-campus services for our students.
- My.LSSU (access Web 4 Students, E-mail, Calendar, etc...)
- Disability Services (Services are arranged with the assistance of regional center staff, who can assist with providing extended testing time, proctoring in alternative locations, alternative format for textbooks and exams. Disability Services also serves as the facilitator between students, faculty, and regional center staffing.)