How do I get started with Wimba Pronto?
Click here for step-by-step instructions on getting started with Wimba Pronto.
Why can’t I see the “My Computer” icon when trying to upload files?
A.This issue is often related to browser settings, Java or just plain lack of computer memory
Here are some things to try:
- Clearing your browser’s temporary internet history and cookies. Here are the instructions for Internet Explorer or Safari
- Internet Explorer >Tools Menu > Internet Options > Delete Browsing History
- Safari > History Menu > Clear History
- At the Blackboard CE 8log in screen
- When you log in to Blackboard CE8 you may be prompted to accept the digital signature for Java software.
- Check the “Always allow” box >Press the Run button
- If you are sure the first three steps are completed and the “My Computer” icon is still not showing.
- Restart the computer and start Blackboard CE before starting any other program.
Yellow security bar appears when attempt to download a file, what do I do?
A: The following steps will allow Web sites to automatically prompt you when downloading files and software (bypassing the Information Bar).
- Open Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- On the Security tab, click Custom Level.
- Do one or both of the following:
- To turn off the Information Bar for file downloads, in the Downloads section of the list, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click Enable.
- To turn off the Information Bar for ActiveX controls, in the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section of the list, under Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click Enable.
I have checked Java, checked for pop-up blockers, and I am using the correct browser. I am still having technical problems. Any suggestions?
You could be having problems with Malware.
Malwarebytes (http://malwarebytes.org/) is a site dedicated to fighting malware. Malwarebytes has developed a variety of tools that can identify and remove malicious software from your computer. When your computer becomes infected, Malwarebytes can provide the needed assistance to remove the infection and restore the machine back to optimum performance.
How do I remove students who have officially dropped the course?
Faculty can remove a student from a course through the Grade Book tool. Select theTeach tab, select Grade Book from the left panel towards the bottom of the screen. Select the left check box by the student name. Select the Unenroll button. Select OK to the question, "Are you sure you want to unenroll the selected member(s) from this course?".
How do I add another user as an instructor or designer to the Blackboard course?
Click here to download instructions on adding instructors/designers to your course
What version of Blackboard do we have available at Lake State?
We are currently using Blackboard CE8.
First, please check the SafeAssign outage site for any scheduled or unscheduled outages effecting the entire safeassign system by
going to: https://behind.blackboard.com/s/rss/SafeAssignUpdates.aspx . If there is a current outage, please continue to monitor
this website until blackboard support has restored the safeassign service back into operation.
If you are attempting to submit a document to SafeAssign and receive the message "Sorry, we do not think you are logged in to SafeAssign. Your session may have timed out. If you have received this message in error, please contact your system administrator. ", your browser may not be set to accept cookies. You can follow the directions below to set your browser to accept cookies:
1. Click Tools on the menu bar at the top of your browser.
2. In Internet Explorer, select Internet Options; in Firefox, select Options.
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. In Internet Explorer, click the Default button (or set the slider to Medium, Low, or "Accept All Cookies"); in Firefox,
check the boxes for “Accept cookies” and “Accept third-party cookies.”
5. Click OK.
6. After you’ve submitted the essay, restore the browser settings to your own preferences.
If you continue to receive the following message "Sorry, we do not think you are logged in to SafeAssign. Your session may have timed out. If you have received this message in error, please contact your system administrator.", please clear your cache and cookies to resolve this issue:
1. Close all browser windows (internet explorer, firefox, etc...)
2. Open your browser software and clear your cache and cookies
A. To delete cookies in Internet Explorer
a. Select "Tools"
b. Select "Internet Options"
c. Open the "General" tab
d. In "Browsing history" area click the "Delete" button
e. In "Delete browsing history" window click "Delete cookies" button and then click "Yes"
f. Click Close and then click OK
B. To delete cookies Firefox
a. Select "Tools"
b. Select "Options"
c. Select "Privacy"
d. In Private area click "Clear Now"
e. In "Clear Private Data" window put the check mark for "Cookies" and click "Clear Private Data Now"
f. Click OK
C. To delete cookies from Safari
a. Select Safari Menu and click Preferences
b. Select Security
c. Select Show Cookies
d. Select Remove All
e. Select Done
f. Select Safari Menu and click Empty Cache
g. Select Empty
3. Retry accessing your course and if you continue to have problems, please contact the Helpdesk at 906 635-6677 and request that they walk you through:
a. Clearing your cache and cookies
b. Setting up your browser to accept cookies
If you continue to have problems, contact Blackboard suport at: firstname.lastname@example.org