Business Administration — Marketing: Bachelor of Science
This degree requires successful completion of a curriculum with a minimum of 128 semester hours.
The marketing major is designed to prepare students for the many opportunities in the field of marketing. The study of marketing includes marketing principles, principles of selling, retail management, consumer behavior, advertising theory and practice, marketing management, sales force management, marketing research and international marketing. These courses, along with the common professional business core courses, are designed to provide our students with the appropriate knowledge and skills to understand the function of marketing in the firm and in society and to be effective decision makers.
Students will apply for admission to 300/400-level courses after completing the Pre-Business Core (PBC). See the School of Business for course listing.
General Education (31 Credits)
- BUSN308 Managing Cultural Differences 3
- COMM101 Fund. of Speech Communication 3
- ENGL110 First-Year Composition I 3
- ENGL111 First-Year Composition II 3
- HUMN251 Humanities I 4
- Humanities Elective 4
- Natural Science laboratory courses 8
- Social Science Elective 3
BS Degree Requirements (5 credits)
- Natural science, social science, mathematics or computer science electives
Common Professional Component (81 credits)
- ACTG132 Principles of Accounting I 4
- ACTG133 Principles of Accounting II 4
- BUSN121 Introduction to Business 3
- BUSN211 Business Statistics 3
- BUSN231 Business Communications 3
- BUSN350 Business Law I 3
- BUSN355 Business Law II 3
- BUSN403 Business, Government & Society 3
- BUSN466 Business Policy 3
- DATA235 Spreadsheets 3
- ECON201 Principles of Macroeconomics 3
- ECON202 Principles of Microeconomics 3
- FINC341 Managerial Finance 4
- MATH111 College Algebra 3
- MGMT360 Management Concepts and Applications 3
- MGMT365 Human Resource Management 3
- MGMT375 Intro. to Supply Chain Management 3
- MGMT464 Organizational Behavior 3
- MRKT281 Marketing Principles and Strategy 3
- MRKT381 Consumer Behavior 3
- MRKT480 Marketing Research 3
- MRKT481 Marketing Management 3
- Four Marketing Electives 12
Free Electives (10 credits)
Total Credits: 128
Bachelor of Arts Degree Notes (if applicable): One year (8 credits) of a modern language other than English. If taken at LSSU, this would be: CHIN151-152, FREN151-152 or 251-252, GRMN141-142 or 241-242, NATV141-142 or 201-202, or SPAN161-162.
One-half year of two different languages will not meet this requirement.
Bachelor of Science Degree Notes (if applicable): At least eight (8) semester credits in addition to courses used for general education requirements from categories of social science, natural science, computer science or mathematics.
These bachelor of science degree requirements can be used for majors or minors, but not general education.