Business Administration — Management: Bachelor of Science
This degree requires successful completion of a curriculum with a minimum of 128 semester hours.
The management major is designed to provide students with a broad background in business by presenting courses covering the functional areas of business. This management degree program prepares students for leadership positions in business and non-profit organizations.
Students will apply for admission to 300/400-level courses after completing the Pre-Business Core (PBC). See the School of Business for course listing.
General Education (31 Credits)
- BUSN308 Managing Cultural Differences 3
- COMM101 Fund. of Speech Communication 3
- ENGL110 First-Year Composition I 3
- ENGL111 First-Year Composition II 3
- HUMN251 Humanities I 4
- Humanities Elective 4
- Natural Science laboratory courses 8
- Social Science Elective 3
BS Degree Requirements (5 credits)
- Natural science, social science, mathematics or computer science electives
Common Professional Component (60 credits)
- ACTG132 Principles of Accounting I 4
- ACTG133 Principles of Accounting II 4
- BUSN121 Introduction to Business 3
- BUSN211 Business Statistics 3
- BUSN231 Business Communications 3
- BUSN350 Business Law I 3
- BUSN355 Business Law II 3
- BUSN403 Business, Government & Society 3
- BUSN466 Business Policy 3
- DATA235 Spreadsheets 3
- ECON201 Principles of Macroeconomics 3
- ECON202 Principles of Microeconomics 3
- FINC341 Managerial Finance 4
- MATH111 College Algebra 3
- MGMT360 Management Concepts and Applications 3
- MGMT365 Human Resource Management 3
- MGMT375 Intro. to Supply Chain Management 3
- MGMT464 Organizational Behavior 3
- MRKT281 Marketing Principles and Strategy 3
Major Management Electives (16-17 credits)
- MGMT380 Principles of Leadership 3
- MGMT471 Production/Operations Management 3
- MGMT476 Employee Training Development 4
Choose two of the following three courses:
- LAWS301 Alternate Dispute Resolution and Conflict Management 3
- MGMT451 Labor Law 4
- MGMT469 Collective Bargaining 3
Free Electives (12-13 credits)
Bachelor of Arts Degree Notes (if applicable): One year (8 credits) of a modern language other than English. If taken at LSSU, this would be: CHIN151-152, FREN151-152 or 251-252, GRMN141-142 or 241-242, NATV141-142 or 201-202, or SPAN161-162.
One-half year of two different languages will not meet this requirement.
Bachelor of Science Degree Notes (if applicable): At least eight (8) semester credits in addition to courses used for general education requirements from categories of social science, natural science, computer science or mathematics.
These bachelor of science degree requirements can be used for majors or minors, but not general education.