Small Business Administration
This program prepares you for entry-level positions in industry and government requiring two years of college-level business preparation. The program is oriented toward marketing and should be of special interest to individuals seeking careers in marketing or as management trainees in retail organizations. The degree program is transferable into a four-year program in business administration.
Departmental Requirements (34 credits)
- ACTG132 Principles of Accounting I 4
- BUSN121 Introduction to Business 3
- BUSN231 Business Communications 3
- BUSN350 Business Law I 3
- BUSN355 Business Law II 3
- ECON202 Principles Microeconomics 3
- FINC245 Principles of Finance 3
- MGMT280 Intro Management Information Systems 3
- MGMT360 Management Concepts & Applications 3
- MGMT365 Human Resource Management 3
- MRKT281 Marketing Principles and Strategy 3
- MRKT389 Entrepreneurship 3
Electives (13 credits)
General Education: All LSSU Associate’s degree candidates must complete the LSSU general education core requirements, or have earned the MACRAO Stamp (Michigan Community College transfer students), or have completed the general education certification (Sault College transfer students).
62 credits (at the 100 level or higher) must be earned for graduation with a cumulative gpa of 2.00 or higher. A gpa of 2.00 or higher is also required in your Major, as well as in your General Education Core Requirements.