Graduates of the two-year associate’s degree in chemistry may find employment as chemical laboratory technicians or proceed on to complete bachelor’s degrees in an area of chemistry. This program transfers directly into the bachelor’s degree in environmental chemistry.
This degree program may also lead to a BS in Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Forensic Chemistry, Biochemistry Pre-Professional, or Environmental Science that may be certified by the American Chemical Society.
Chemistry (26 credits)
- CHEM115 General Chemistry I 5
- CHEM116 General Chemistry II 5
- CHEM225 Organic Chemistry I 4
- CHEM226 Organic Chemistry II 4
- CHEM231 Quantitative Analysis 4
- CHEM332 Instrumental Analysis 4
Other Departments (19 credits)
- BUSN211 Business Statistics 3 or
- MATH207 Principles of Statical Methods 3
- MATH151 Calculus I 4
- MATH152 Calculus II 4
- Two semesters of College Physics (8 cr min)
Free Electives (8 credits)
General Education: All LSSU Associate’s degree candidates must complete the LSSU general education core requirements, or have earned the MACRAO Stamp (Michigan Community College transfer students), or have completed the general education certification (Sault College transfer students).
A minimum of 62 credits (at the 100 level or higher) must be earned for graduation with a cumulative gpa of 2.50 or higher. A gpa of 2.50 or higher is required in your Major, and a gpa of 2.00 or higher is required in your General Education Core Requirements.