Tuition Costs, Room and Board, & Fees
Your payment is due in full on August 15 for fall semester and December 15 for spring semester. Due dates that fall on a weekend are due the next business day. Notice that a new billing statement is available is sent via e-mail to the student's campus e-mail address (ie: email@example.com) and any Authorized Users.
Students will receive fall notifications beginning in mid-July. Spring notifications are sent in mid-November. Summer notifications are sent mid-April.
Students have the option of adding authorized users to receive notifications. To add an authorized user, log in to Anchor Access and go to the Bill and Payment Suite. For more information on using the Bill and Payment Suite, click here.
You can select one of the following two ways to pay your tuition, room and board, and fees.
- Payment in Full - Tuition, room and board and fees for fall semester are due by August 15 and for spring semester are due by December 15. Payment can be made online via the LSSU web site at http://my.lssu.edu, click on Anchor Access in the Web Services channel. You may pay your balance due by credit card, debit card, savings account or checking account. We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover & American Express.
NOTE: Payment in Full is assumed if you do not choose an option.
- Payment Plan - The University offers a payment plan for educational expenses. The plan consists of four monthly payments and a $60.00 service fee per semester. To sign up for the payment plan, log in to the Bill and Payment Suite through Anchor Access. For more information on using the Bill and Payment Suite, click here.
How to Make a Payment
- Pay Online at - My.LSSU (Anchor Access > Bill and Payment Suite). We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover & American Express credit or debit cards, or you can pay by savings or checking account online.
Parent (Authorized Users)
- Students MUST add a parent as an "Authorized User" in the Bill and Payment Suite in order to have access to financial information. A parent (Authorized User) will receive e-mail notification when new ebills are posted and may contact the Business Office for verbal billing and payment information if the student authorized full access. A Parent (Authorized User) will have their own username and password to the Bill and Payment Suite and will NOT be able to view anything other than billing information. Academic information such as grades and transcripts is NOT viewable.
The parent (Authorized User) will receive an e-mail indicating that the student has given them access to their account. This
e-mail will contain a temporary password. Login using the following link: https://secure.touchnet.com/C20115_tsa/web/login.jsp
login, the parent (Authorized User) will be asked to set up a profile and change their password. The main page will show the current account balance. The current account balance will
reflect all activity on the account and may not equal the balance on the last ebill if there have
been recent changes. The Current Account Status reflects the real-time balance of the student's account.
Student and Parent
- For payment by mail, please send a copy of your statement with payment prior to the due date to:
Lake Superior State University
650 W. Easterday Ave.
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
If you have any questions, please call (906) 635-2878. Payments received after the due date may be assessed a late fee. If your account remains unpaid, the University may assume you are not attending class and may cancel your classes. All funds paid to the University are applied to your current outstanding balance.
Your charges may also include fees for special courses, athletic fee, vehicle registrations, etc., not shown.
If you do not make your payment by the due date, you will be charged a 1 1/2% late penalty fee and your classes may be
subject to cancellation. For each month thereafter, you will be charged an additional 1 1/2% late fee for any outstanding
balance and a hold will be placed on your student account until full payment is made. The hold will not allow you to
register for classes for the following semester or receive a copy of your University transcript. If your balance is
still outstanding after 90 days, your account will be turned over to collections.
Late Registration Fee
Late registration period is defined as the period after the first payment due date for each semester until the close of the six day add/drop period. For the fall semester, the first due date is August 15. For the spring semester, the first due date is December 15. No late registration fees are charged for the summer semester.
If you register in person or by the internet during the late registration period, you will be assessed a $100 late registration fee. Payment of any balance due is payable immediately upon registration. Any unpaid balance prior to the first day of classes may result in the cancellation of all classes.
If you register for classes after the six day add/drop period, the late registration fee will be $200. To register after the six day add/drop period has closed, you must come to the Business Office and be cleared to register. Payment for all tuition and fees is due at the time of your late registration.