On-Campus Housing: Immerse Yourself in the University Experience
Our mission is to provide an enjoyable and memorable living experience to Lake Superior State University. In order to offer a cohesive living and learning environment, we maintain high behavioral standards of all students. We strive to uphold a sense of community while giving individualized attention to all on-campus residents.
While living on campus at Lake Superior State University, you'll have the chance to make long-lasting friendships and to become involved in a wide variety of University activities. Freshmen and sophomore students are required to live on campus. Though not required, juniors and seniors may choose to live on campus.
- Living Areas & Residency Policy
- Questions About Your Room
- Important and Helpful Resources
- Reminders & Dates
- Housing Brochure (pdf)
- Campus Life
- Dining Services
- Public Safety
Advantages of Living on Campus
- Convenience- Short walks to classes, places to eat and places to study. You’re in the middle of it all –your classmates, your friends, work-out facilities, your professors. You’re within walking distance to everything on campus.
- Connections- Living on campus gives you the opportunity to make important connections that will be helpful in your college career and for many, those first connections will last a lifetime. Your friends and classmates are just down the hallway.
- Academic support- Support for your academic efforts is reinforced by study lounges, the library, the Learning Center and also from your roommates, floor mates and classmates. Research indicates that resident students tend to be more successful academically and graduate sooner.
- Utilities- No utility bills here. Electric, heating, local phone, basic cable and Internet are all included in your room and board rates.
- Rolls of quarters- Your use of the laundry facilities is paid for by your environmental fee. Now you can keep your rolls of quarters for other things!
- Not just books- Being engaged as a student includes joining a student organization, attending campus concerts, athletic events, conferences, and enjoying a latte or coffee at Knots café.
- We do the cooking- You don’t have to shop for food or prepare it (or do the dishes).
Returning Student Fall 2016 Sign-up
Information packets for retuning student fall 2016 housing sign-up will be sent to all current residential students’ campus mail mid-January 2016.
- February 3 & 4 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eligible 2013 and earlier H.S. graduates may sign up for their same unit.
- February 9 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm 2013 & earlier H.S. graduates are eligible to sign up for a new unit.
- February 10 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm 2014 H.S. graduates are eligible to sign up.
- February 11 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm 2015 H.S. graduates are eligible to sign up.
Incoming Fall 2016 Students
- Please ensure that we receive your housing application and $300 advanced room and board payment before June 1st for priority consideration.
- We will begin finalizing residence hall assignments in the throughout the month of June. You will receive notification of you room assignment soon after.
- Do not hesitate to contact the Campus Life and Housing Office at (906) 635-2411 with any questions.
- Welcome to Lake Superior State University, Laker On!
Resident Hall Items
- The Navigator (pdf)
- What to Bring to Campus: Move-in Checklist (pdf)
- Digital Cable
- Tips on getting to know your new roommate and adapting to univeristy life. Helpful tips!
- Need help finding extra-long sheets? We can help - click here for information on Residence Hall Linens! Note that this is not the only place to buy your linens for our extra long mattresses, but this is a great place to start!
Become a Resident or Community Advisor
- 23 Resident and Community Advisors work within our 5 communities to provide a positive on-campus living experience for all the students who call our campus home each year. We invite Lakers who want to leave a mark and make a difference on campus to join our legacy by applying to be a Resident and Community Advisors!
- The application deadline has pasted for 2016-17 positions. Information regarding the hiring process for for the 2017-18 school year will be available in November 2016.
- What is a RA/CA?
- Hiring and Selection Process Timeline
- Application Requirements
To request special accommodations, in addition to filling out the housing application, it is required that you register with the LSSU Office of Disabilities Services. The director of the Disabilities Services will verify your disability and advise housing staff of appropriate accommodation. Housing staff will facilitate the housing accommodation based on application date and availability. Questions about accessible student housing may be directed to Mr. Scott Korb, Director of Campus Life and Housing.