Gary Benjamin '70
President and COO, Champion, Inc.
Iron Mountain, MI
LSSU Business, Economics, and Legal Studies Distinguished Alumni '07
Former LSSU Board Trustee
School of Nursing
Application for Admission:
Clinical Portion of the Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Fall Cohort Admission: Application due the 2nd Tuesday in March
- Spring Cohort Admission: Application due the 2nd Tuesday in November
Directions for Students
- Students who will have completed all pre nursing courses or will complete prior to the anticipated clinical start date need to complete this application packet. NOTE: Application to the nursing program also requires a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.7 in the nine pre nursing courses, must have good academic standing with the university ( A grade of C or better must be, or have been, earned in each of the nine pre-nursing courses), and pass the TEAS test with a proficient level or higher.
- Students must submit to a criminal background check and have a clear record in order to visit clinical sites. The cost is $59. Please follow these directions to get your fingerprinting completed to turn in results with your application.
Students will make an appointment with their academic advisor to verify eligibility for clinical placement and to complete application forms.
- Please access cogentid.com. Select the ‘MICHIGAN’ icon. Select Cogent MAPS (Michigan Applicant Processing Service). Select ‘register online’. Fill in your payment and personal information. Use the following ‘reason for testing’: CPE-NCPA-Child Protection employment (PL 103-209). The MSP Agency Requestor ID number is 63354H. Submit your registration and print of the registration certificate. You must bring this and the LIVESCAN Print Request form included in this packet to a fingerprinting station in your area. In the Sault Ste Marie, Michigan area, you can go to the Check N’ Cash outlet at 2120 Ashmun, Sault Ste Marie, MI, for fingerprinting. The results are emailed to the School of Nursing. Please check to make sure we have received your results when you turn in your application.
Students will bring to their appointment with their academic advisor:
Students will review the application with the faculty member. Students will be
responsible for providing any needed additional documentation (for example, proof of
enrollment in current coursework at other institutions). The student will submit the
completed documents to the nursing office, Crawford Hall 236-F.
- Completed Declaration of Intent
- An unofficial copy of LSSU transcript
- Unofficial copies of all other transcripts from other universities or colleges
- Completed Consent for Fingerprinting
- Completed Clinical Student Disclosure Statement
- Completed Assured Access to Computer Agreement
- Current Immunization record
- Completed Self-Evaluation
- Valid CPR Certification Card (copy) American Heart – Health Care Provider
Prior to the application deadline, the students must complete the (1) ATI TEAS Test as well as the (2) ATI Critical Thinking Test.
*See the Testing Information sheet for details found in the application packet or on the nursing homepage under Important Reminders.
Due to the competitive nature of the application process, be aware that meeting minimal
requirements does not ensure admittance to the program.
If there are any documents missing, the application will be considered void.