Home Minutes
Minutes
Minutes - Thursday November 06 2008 PDF Print E-mail
Written by Skylar Clark   
Thursday, 06 November 2008 17:56

Meeting started at 5:13pm

  • Donuts
    • Dereck - open
    • Jake - 7:30
    • Joesph - 8:00 - 10:00
    • Brett - 9:00 -10:00
    • Josh - 9:00 - 10:00
    • Dereck - 9:00 -10:00
    • SAE, cool with peps

 

  • Hockey games
    • Need workers
    • need to talk to Jean for prizes
    • Friday 6:00pm
      • Nate - 6:00pm
      • Skylar - ???
      • Dereck - ???
      • Brett -8:30pm
    • Saturday 6:00pm
      • James - 6:00pm
      • Brett - 7:30
      • Dereck - ???
      • Joshua - ???
      • Skylar - ???
  • LAN Party
    • Stuff to be done
      • Brett will check for price at soo corner store
      • Chips? No
      • Pop? Yes, Mountain Dew, Pepsi around 50 cans
      • Pizza? yes, will deal with on day
    • Game servers set
    • setup at 8:00am
    • starts around 11:00am
    • James will talk as tech to committee 
    • need speakers
    • THANKS AMANDA!!!
    • Greg will help pick up 

 

  • Mars Rover
    • Meeting after normal meeting

 

  •  Pizza hut meeting Wednesdays
    • 11:30

  • fundraiser idea dodge ball

Meeting adjured at 5:54pm
Last Updated ( Thursday, 06 November 2008 18:00 )
 
Minutes - Thursday October 30 2008 PDF Print E-mail
Written by Skylar Clark   
Thursday, 30 October 2008 16:50
Meeting started at 5:14pm
  • Note from Treasury
    • made this week $50.25
  • Donuts
    • Joshua - admin
    • Jake - 7:30 till 9
    • Rob - Pickup doughnuts
    • Amanda - 8 till 9
    • Brett - 9 till 10ish
      • no longer call it GUI goodness
      • make sure to get plain
      • make sure to get sugar covered
  • LAN party
    • got BAWLS sponsorship
    • got DOT-games (5 or 6 $10 gift cards)
    • possible buy bawls
      • Someone need to find a place to buy bawls
    • anything else we might need
      • pop
      • find out food at the party
    • anyone have systems or anything
      • Need X-Box
      • Haves: sound system, 5 TVs, 4 projectors n' screens
      • needs: X-Box (4 more, with the games for tourney, with (4-16)controllers)
    • Prizes
      • Amanda will call around for gift certificates
    • Server is running
  • Candy Bars
    • up-sizing box buy size?
      • lot cheaper to buy in bulk
      • Skylar will do time/sale analysis for candy bars for next week
  • pizza get to gather at pizza hut
    • voted as a good idea
      • good day: e-mail will be sent out to members
  • mars rover
    • short rover meeting after gen. meeting
    • Wednesday??? noonish???
  • FIRST robotics
    • Lot of excite kids at the high school
    • going to hold workshops to teach kids
      • write or talk to Josh if interested
    • January 3, 2009
    • need mechanical or manufacturing engineers
meeting adjourned 5:47pm

Members attended
Amanda, Kent, Greg, Jake, Nathan, pat, Erik, James, Joe
Last Updated ( Thursday, 30 October 2008 16:57 )
 
Minutes - Thursday October 23 2008 PDF Print E-mail
Written by Skylar Clark   
Thursday, 23 October 2008 17:59
meeting started at 5:02pm
  • Doughnuts
    • Skylar 7:00 - 9:00am
    • Jake 7:30 - 9:00am
    • Kenneth doughnut pick up
    • Brett 9:00 - 10:00
    • Josh 9:00 - 10:00
    • Derrick 9:00 - 10:00
    • need plain doughnut
  • Lockers leasing
    • Fliers need to be put up around campus
    • leases available are available in the office
  • LAN party
    • alien ware - no go, due to lack or registered players
    • need members to get people to register
    • need members to advertisement around town
    • need poster made (colored preferred)
  • FIRST Robotics update
    • meeting at the high school
    • 28 high school students interested
    • Competition sites: Great Lakes Regional (state competition), traverse city high, troy
    • 4 college faculty members willing to mentor
    • additional info available after meeting
  • 310 homework is bad for the ‘soul’
  • Remember: Anyone needing help can ask for help from senior members.
Meeting adjourned at 6:00pm.


Attended meeting:
Bret knoll, Greg Kaiser, Kenneth Casperson, Joseph Doglas, James Mathias, Pat Reed.
 
Minutes - Thursday September 18 2008 PDF Print E-mail
Written by Skylar Clark   
Thursday, 18 September 2008 07:10
  • Refunds to members that over paid dues
  • Coffee and Donuts
    • 7:00 - 8:00: Josh & Rob
    • 8:00 - 9:00: Jake & Brian
    • 9:00 - 10:00: Dereck & Josh
  •  
    •  
      • Advertisement
        • Radio
        • www.LSSU.edu website
        • posters around campus
  • Pumpkin Fund Raiser
    • Schedule meeting to teach wire-winding
      • Need 12 kits
  • Recruitment
    • Ice Cream 4 freshman
    • need posters for meetings
  • CandyBot
  • Sunday Fund Raiser
    • Help Prof. Delap move boxes into new house
    • 1:40pm meet in E lot
  • Fall Fling
    • Saturday October 11 2008
    • IEEE has a booth in Norris Center
    • Need Game/event Ideas
  • Honers council
    • President of IEEE is looking for a member to represent IEEE in Honers council
  • Lockers
    • Need ideas for the placement of the lockers
  • Soldier seminar
    • Offer a seminar to teach people how to soldier and use soldiering tools.
    • advertise to highschool, radio shack, and freshman
  • EvilMadScientist.com
  • Lan party
    • need someone to find space
    • Person of Interest: Jake
  • Pizza Sales
    • Lunch
      • Domino
      • Any willing members available to do sales?
  • Head tracking project
    • Need Volinteers to do work
    • possible to be used for halloween
  • Participation contest
    • item of intrest in the future
    • breif overveiw
  • meeting Moved to 5pm on tuesdays
    • vote - (6/0/3)
    • meetings moved to 5pm
  • Meeting adjurned (4:00 pm)
Last Updated ( Thursday, 23 October 2008 18:08 )
 
Minutes - Tuesday September 9 2008 PDF Print E-mail
Written by Dereck Wonnacott   
Wednesday, 10 September 2008 22:42

Meeting started 5:30pm

Appointment of New Officers

President  : Joshua Laplander
Vice-President : Dereck Wonnacott
Secretary: Skylar Clark
Treasurer: Rob Penrose

Advisor: Proff. Andrew Jones 

Past President: Michael Zavislak

 

Took questions for new members

Project Ideas

spinning LED sign

Mouser Competition

Fund Raising Ideas

-coffee & donuts

-pizza lunches

-T-shirts

-Greyhound Games (Chuc-a-puck)

-Robotics Annex Fridge

- Candy Bot

-- Program needs work (error trapping etc)

--Candy loading needs to be redone

--Need to teach some othe rmemebers how to load and reset the program

 Dues

- 10$ per semester

- 15$ for spring only

- Passed 13 for, 0 against, 1 abstain

Meeting times

- Thursdays @ 3pm

Donut Sales:

-7:30 - 9:00: Amanda

-9:00 - 10:00: Josh & Dereck

- Mondays

- Price Research: Rob, Devan, Amanda

-Suggestion box for other flavors

-Campus advertising

-- Banner, Radio, Posters

ACTION: E-mail Thursday for go/ no-go this coming Monday

Lockers

- 3rd Floor

- 11 people intersted

Tours/ Trips

-Soo Locks: 13 interested souls

-Edison Soo Electric: 13 interested souls

 IEEE Socials

-Bowling

-Pizza hut

-Host events

Website - http://www.lssu.edu/org/ieee

ACTION: Dereck to e-mail everyone the link to the page

FIRST

-mentoring

-Recruitment and PR

Hockey goalie robot fund raiser

Display Case

-Redo/flashy/lights

-IEEE advertisments

-Security

Facebook - ask people to join IEEE gourp

IEEE Office: x2628

-Voicemail checked often

Next meeting: Thursday 18th Sept. 2008

Meeting ended 7:00pm

 

President  : Joshua Laplander

 

Vice-President : Dereck Wonnacott

 

Secretary: Skylar Clark

 

Treasurer: Rob Penrose

 

Advisor: Proff. Andrew Jones 

 

Past President: Michael Zavislak

 

Last Updated ( Thursday, 23 October 2008 18:10 )
 
«StartPrev1112131415161718NextEnd»

Page 18 of 18
Copyright © 2014 LSSU IEEE. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.