Students study science while experiencing life aboard a sailing vessel in a summer course aboard the Inland Seas sponsored by LSSU.
Key Activities from Previous Semesters
- LSSU Commencement Activities May 2, 2015
- Honors Breakfast - by invitation
- Procession (students enter stadium) at 11:00 am
- Live streaming of the event on http://lssu.edu
- Spring Academic Calendar events
- Applications for faculty teaching positions with the Experience Scotland
program for either fall 2016, spring 2017, or summer 2017 are now available!
Please find the application linked below, and also on the Experience Scotland website. All application materials will be
due to the LSSU Provost office on Monday, March 30, 2015 for delivery to the
Experience Scotland program by April 6. - Application (pdf)
- 2015 Michigan Distinguished Professor of the Year Recognition
- Monday Aug 18 New Faculty Orientation
- Tuesday Aug 19 University Convocation (all faculty/staff)
- Wednesday Aug 20 Freshman Move-In & final Orientation
- Thursday Aug 21 Testing and Development Day (1:00-5:00
- Friday Aug 22 Lakerpalooza
- Fall Academic Calendar events
- COMMENCEMENT 2014
- And the PCSUM Distinguished Professor of the Year Award goes to....
- Dr. Ashley Moerke, was selected to receive a 2014 Distinguished
Professor of the Year award, an award sponsored by the Presidents Council, State Universities of Michigan. This is
the eighth year that the Academic Affairs Officers have honored faculty who teach and work with
undergraduate students. The Academic Affairs Officers (all Provosts in the State) will host a luncheon on
Friday, April 11 at the Radisson Hotel in downtown Lansing. At the luncheon, Ashley will receive a
generous cash award and plaque denoting the honor. Please congratulate Ashley!
- LSSU Distinguished Teaching Nominations
- LSSU Excellence in Advising Nominations
- Spring 2014 Commencement news and information
- Program Review
- June 17 Second 6-week courses begin - Go to the LSSU calendar
- June 4-7 Campus visits of the Michigan Department of Education Committee of Scholars (COS) Team, and the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC) Team, each reviewing aspects of the university's teacher preparation programs. The TEAC process, leading to national accreditation of our education program, includes a "call for comment" in the form of a survey - All members of the community are invited to participate.
Spring 2013 Activities
- Final Report from the Digital Photo-Assessment Project - and cross-walk alignment to the Strategic Plan. This project surveyed 10% of all students, faculty and staff to identify good/bad areas of the university. Each contribution is aligned to the Critical Outcomes of the University Strategic Plan.
- Monitoring Reports submitted to HLC and posted with the accreditation update
- Comparison of Tenure and Promotion Processes
- 7th Annual State of Michigan Distinguished Professor of the Year Award
Fall 2012 Activities
[go back to Provost's homepage]