Parks and Recreation Program
Dr. Sally Childs-Advisor
Phone: (906) 635-2610 Email: email@example.com
- Park Ranger – provides back country or front country assistance and information to visitors. Enforces rules and regulations of the park.
- Outdoor Educator – provides information, instruction, presentations and interactive opportunities relative to preserving, protecting and enhancing the natural environment.
- Interpreter – provides information to the visitor regarding natural and cultural history and phenomena of the area.
- Recreation Technician – plans, develops, implements/manages recreation projects, programs and facilities that are affiliated with the natural resources.
- Instructor/Guide – provides outdoor recreation that is adventure based. Serves as an instructor for extreme sports.
- People Oriented
- A Team Leader and Player
- A Good Communicator
- A Decision Maker, Problem Solver
- Interested in Outdoor Leisure, or Park Services
- A Bachelor of Science in Parks and Recreation is a professional degree which focuses on human resource management in the outdoor environment including national and state parks.
- An Associate Degree in Natural Resource Management is embedded in the Bachelor Degree.
- A semester internship is required for this degree