Additional Current Student Scholarships
Spring 2014 Scholarship sign-up for current LSSU students (with 26 or more LSSU earned credits) IS NOW CLOSED!
Scholarship Policy and Award Guidelines
- To be considered for most scholarships as a CURRENT student, you must have earned at least 26 LSSU credits, but not attempted more than 124 (including transfer credits) prior to the semester.
- New student eligibility review will include high school GPA, ACT/SAT scores and prior college cumulative GPA.
- Unless otherwise stated, a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for all scholarships.
- Full-time enrollment (12 or more credits at LSSU per semester) is required for most scholarships.
- Applicants without a current LSSU scholarship will be given first consideration for all awards less than $1000.
- New scholarships may upgrade or replace a current LSSU awards. Determination will be made on a case-by-case basis upon review by the director.
- LSSU policy prohibits the award of LSSU scholarship funds beyond the cost of tuition, except for Room and Board specific scholarships.
- Full tuition scholarships are awarded for 12-17 credits per semester and do NOT include any fees. Full tuition scholarships will not be awarded to students who receive waivers of tuition.
- Renewable scholarships will not exceed four years or 124 earned credits. Students must maintain full-time status to continue a renewable scholarship, while meeting renewal criteria.
- Scholarships offered to students in specific majors will be withdrawn if the student changes majors or fails to earn credits toward the appropriate major.
- A written Thank You Letter to the donor is required for all recipients.
Review private scholarships offerings by clicking here.