Shared Governance Oversight Committee
- To provide advice and counsel to the strategic committees as well as within the shared governance committee in order to help the committees perform optimally.
- To conduct ongoing review of the structure and composition of all University committees, and to make recommendations regarding changes in structure or committee composition.
- To review all recommendations for the creation of new University committees, both standing and ad hoc, and to make recommendations regarding their role and effect within the shared governance system.
- To conduct an ongoing review and evaluation of the effectiveness of the shared governance system at all levels of the University and to propose adjustments or modifications suggested by this review.
- To conduct an ongoing review of the effectiveness of communication of information within the shared governance system at all levels of the University and to make recommendations regarding methods to improve communication where necessary.
- To communicate its deliberations and findings to the President and to the University community.
This committee reports to the President through the appropriate Vice-President.