Summer 2013 in China
For Credit, Faculty-led
May 6 - June 12, 2013
NOTE: Application deadline extended until February 21, 2014
Explore China and experience the culture first-hand by studying at Beijing University of Technology, visiting World Cultural heritage sites such as the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, and more. The trip to Xi’an will include a visit to the Terra- Cotta Warriors. Trip includes a five-day stay in Shanghai with visits to the Shanghai TV Tower and Museum and a Huangpu River cruise, plus many more cultural and scenic attractions in China.
- This program offers the following two 3-credit courses (taught in English):
- HUMN203 Survey of Chinese Culture
- HIST203 Chinese Cultural Diversity
- All majors welcome and no Chinese language ability required.
- Travel with and led by LSSU faculty.
- Field trips to cultural and historic sites included throughout the program.
- LSSU financial aid applies. External scholarships are possible.
- Unique opportunity to expand your international horizon and resume.
Total Program Fee: $5,660 (USD), plus $25 (USD) application fee, covering the following:
- LSSU tuition for 6 credits
- Round-trip airfare between Sault Ste. Marie area and China
- Lodging & two meals a day
- Travel insurance
- Many side trips and excursions
- Application Deadline: February 5, 2013 (with $25 non-refundable application fee)
- First Payment Due: February 5, 2013, $1,600 deposit
- Balance Due: April 23, 2013, $4,060
NOTE: Please note checks should be made payable to: Lake Superior State University
- Passport and visa fees
- HTH Study Abroad Health Insurance
- Textbooks, laundry, drinks, independent travel, and personal expenses
- Potential medical expenses incurred in China
- Please note vaccinations are not required to enter China.
For more information or to apply, please contact Dr. Guidi Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org or (906) 635-2181, or stop by 22 Brown Hall, Lake Superior State University, 650 W. Easterday Ave. Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783.