Former Director of the Michigan Department of Agriculture
Former Michigan Senator
Businessman, The Irwin Group
LSSU Outstanding Alumnus Award '91
The main entrance of Fort Brady was through the east gate. The east gate and
Gate house were built in 1921 to shelter guards during fort operating hours.
Today the gatehouse is used for electrical switching equipment.
While on active status, the grounds of Fort Brady were surrounded by twelve-foot
fencing. Guards were stationed outside the fence at the east gate and at the
Easterday Avenue exit.
A second, smaller entrance was located in the fencing along Easterday Avenue.
This entrance made a loop around South Hall, where trucks would drop off soldiers
and supplies. These trucks would park in front of the old Auditorium which
burned down in the early 1960s.