CLOSING IN ON SEVENTY – A timeline that traces Lake Superior State University's history to well before its founding in 1946 is being readied for installation into the River of History museum in downtown Sault Ste. Marie, Mich. The 53- by 36-inch acrylic wall display will anchor an area set aside for LSSU artifacts and memorabilia. LSSU helped launch the museum - presently a partnership between the city and Sault Tribe of Chippewa Indians - in 1992, under the directorship of LSSU Prof. Susan Schacher. Panel content and design is being overseen by public relations staffer John Shibley, who asks everyone to download an inspection version below and e-mail him (link below) with any factual or grammatical corrections. The project has also involved the hard work of former staffer Bill Crawford, University archivist Mary June, and LSSU Foundation board member Tom Robinson, who also sits on the River of History board. (LSSU/Van Abel and Kronberg Design)
A proof version of this panel can be found by clicking here.
John Shibley, e-mail